Religious School 2016 - 2017
Welcome to a new year of Religious School! This information below will help you to fill out the required forms for each student. Please read through everything carefully.
We offer a one day a week religious education for all grades! Please enroll early to secure your preferred day and time. All classes are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment.
- Grades K, 1 and 2 will be offered on Sundays from 9:15am - 11:30 am. If there is sufficient interest and enrollment, we will offer midweek classes to match the days and times for older siblings.
Students in grades 3, 4, 5 and 6 attend classes ONE day per week. Please choose one of the following sessions:
- For 6th Grade We are pleased to offer a one hour Pre B'nai Mitzvah class, which meets once a month when Religious School is in session. These classes will better prepare students to lead their service on the bimah for their Bar or Bat Mitzvah.
- 7th Grade continues to be offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 8:30pm. Dinner is served from 6:00 - 6:30, followed by one hour of Judaic studies and 45 minutes of Hebrew studies specifically to prepare for B'nai Mitzvah.
Junior Choir is for students in grades 3-7. Junior Choir is an amazing opportunity for your child to develop a deep involvement in Judaism through music, have a close relationship with our clergy, and create a sense of community among the students and parents involved. Junior Choir meets weekly during religious school. Your child will be expected to attend rehearsals and Family Shabbat services regularly.
We have scheduled a series of 'Family Days' over the course of the academic year. These are for all students and parents in grades K-6, and are facilitated by our clergy. We ask that families plan to attend at least four 'Family Days'. Stay tuned for details on times, dates and programs.
Early Bird and Sibling Discounts:
A $250 per child deposit is required on or before June 30th to ensure that you will receive class preference and the "early bird" rate, which is a $200 discount per child for grades 3 to 7.
Families who are new to North Shore Synagogue will automatically receive the "early bird" rate.
There is a $50 per sibling discount for each additional child enrolled in Religious School at the same time (Grades 1 to 7).
Tuition by Grade:
- Kindergarten tuition is $295 for members; $395 for non-members
- 1st and 2nd grade tuition is $495 for members; $550 for non-members
- 3rd grade tuition is $795 (early bird on or before June 30 - and for all new students; $995 after June 30)
- 4th grade tuition is $895 (early bird on or before June 30 - and for all new students; $1,095 after June 30)
- 5th - 7th grade tuition is $995 (early bird on or before June 30 - and for all new students; $1,195 after June 30)
Payments for Religious School:
RS Tuition may be paid by check or credit card, either full or in installments. (Credit card and PayPal payments are subject to a 3% convenience charge.)
- Tuition is to be paid in full by the first day of religious school
- All students pay an additional $125 fee, which includes books, supplies and Youth Group membership.
- If a registered child is withdrawn from Religious School prior to the first day of class, full tuition and book/supplies/activity fee will be refunded, less a $150 administration fee.
- If a registered child is withdrawn from Religious School on or before November 1st of the current school year, one-half of the full tuition will be refunded. book/supplies/activity fee will not be refunded.
- If a registered child is withdrawn from Religious School after November 1st of the current school year, no refund will be given.
We look forward to welcoming your family to our North Shore Synagogue family for a new and exciting year of learning. It is a joy to learn with your children and family!
Please contact the Religious School Office at 516-921-2282, x102 or email@example.com with any questions you may have.
School Schedule for 2016 - 2017
Sunday, September 11 * Monday, September 12 * Tuesday, September 13 * Wednesday, September 14
Families will receive a detailed calendar indicating when school will be in session, closely following the Syosset school district calendar when possible.
You can pay your deposit using the online registration or by using the PayPal button below. Please enter your name and your children's names before submitting. Please note that you can pay by credit card even if you do not have a PayPal account.